JOSELITO RISOTTOView recipe video
1 tablespoon of Joselito oil
1 tablespoon butter
100 g short grain rice (ideally carnaroli)
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup lemon juice
50 g grated manchego cheese
Sliced Joselito Ham
1. Saute the diced shallot in the butter.
2. Add the rice and saute for 1 minute. Pour in the white wine and let the wine reduce.
3. Slowly add the hot Joselito consomme.
4. After cooking for 16 minutes, remove from the heat and add the Iberian oil and grated manchego.
5. Add salt and the lemon juice.
6. Arrange the risotto over a large plate without heaping and spread the ham slices on top.
Comment from Ferran Adria: I came up with this dish on the spot during Christmas 2006 while I was at Jose "Joselito" Gomez's house. J. M Arzak and I wanted to make a risotto and, instead of using butter, we used Joselito Ham fat.