JOSELITO CROQUETTEView recipe video
200 g finely chopped Joselito ham
50 g Joselito Oil
100 g butter
40 g chopped shallots
165 g flour
200 g cream
600 g Joselito Consomme
Sliced Joselito Ham
1 L olive oil
5 gelatin leaves (optional)
1. Heat the cream with the ham consomme.
2. Add butter, Joselito oil and the chopped shallot to a large saucepan.
3. Cook over a low heat until the shallots are sauteed. Add the flour and stir constantly until a roux forms.
4. Add the hot cream and consomme and half of the chopped ham. Cook 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk or spatula.
5. When the mixture comes together, remove from heat and add the remaining chopped ham.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Line a plate with clear film. Arrange the croquette mixture and let cool for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
8. Shape 30 g balls of the mixture into croquettes.
9. Coat the croquettes in flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
10. Heat oil in a pan and fry the croquettes, turning several times until well browned.
11. Serve the croquettes draped with a slice of Joselito ham.