Joselito Solomillo decorated with chrysanthemums for the scent of AsiaView recipe video
Cured pork tenderloin
Purèed purple sweet potato
Purèed red Manganji pepper
Purèed green Manganji pepper
-Japanese sakè 500g
-Dark soy sauce 50g
-Light soy sauce 50g
-Caster sugar 30g
-Ginger juice 50g
-A suitable pinch of five-spice powder
-A suitable pinch of powdered pepper
-A suitable pinch of chilli powder
A suitable pinch of almond oil
1. Purée the purple sweet potato, red Manganji peppers, green Manganji peppers, and potatoes, and season with the salt andlight soy sauce.
2. Knead the cured pork tenderloin, and bake in an oil bath at 60ºC for 40 mins.
3. Remove the cured pork tenderloin from the oil, and cook on one side only in a skillet until a cooked colour is obtained.
4. Slice fine grooves into the tenderloin using a kitchen knife.
5. Combine with the marinade in a vacuum pack, and season the cured pork tenderloin into which the grooves have been sliced.
6. Place the seasoned tenderloin in a dish, and baste with the almond oil.
7. Apply a thick coating of arrowroot flower to the marinade, and use it to coat the tenderloin.
8. Decorate with the purple sweet potatoes, red Manganji peppers, green Manganji peppers, and the potatoes.
9. Sprinkle with the sudachi peel and chrysanthemums.